The following policies apply to events held at the American Theatre.
- Alcohol is served at selected events. Only those persons 21 years of age and older, with proper ID will be served. Please drink responsibly.
- Smoking is prohibited at The American Theatre. “Smoking” means (1) lighting or burning any type of tobacco, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, and pipes (2) lighting or burning of non-tobacco plants, incense, spice (or spice like product), or marijuana; and (3) using electronic cigarettes.
- Children 2 years of age and up must have a ticket for most events. Children under 2 without a ticket must sit on a parent’s lap (subject to change). Please refer to event page for event-specific policy.
- All patrons are subject to search prior to entry.
- Please silence all cell phones prior to entering the seating area.
- Cameras, video, or laser pointers are not permitted.
- Selfie sticks are not permitted.
- No outside food or beverage is permitted into the American Theatre. No food or beverage of any kind is permitted in the seating area with the exception of drinks purchased in the American Theatre-branded wine glasses and cups.
Many of our events at the American Theatre are very low volume affairs and the slightest bit of crinkle or whispering can disturb another. Please try to be respectful of the event decorum at all times.